Terms & Conditions & Code of Conduct
To view the Terms & Conditions and Code of Conduct, please click HERE.
Please click HERE to review the Swimmer Expecation required of all swimmers.
Active Kids Voucher / First Lap Vouchers
We are a registered provider for the Active Kids/First Laps rebate scheme and accept valid vouchers to the value of $50. Vouchers can be applied to Squad, Learn to Swim and holiday programs.
The Active Kids/First Laps program provide a $50 vouchers for parents, guardians and carers of school-enrolled children to use towards sport and active recreation costs each year.
Further information can be found Service NSW website: https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/transaction/apply-active-kids-voucher
How to claim your rebate:
- Apply for your Active Kids Voucher at the Service NSW website. You will need to have a Service NSW account, and your medicare card to apply by following this link: https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/transaction/apply-active-kids-voucher
- Email the Swimming Administrator a copy of your voucher and make sure you supply your child’s correct date of birth.
- Once the voucher is redeemed by us, the $50 will be credited to your Customer Portal.
Conditions for using your Active Kids Vouchers
Can the vouchers be used for the same activity?
Both vouchers can’t be used for the same provider within the same term, unless:
- they are used for two separate activities, or
- they are used for the same activity but in separate terms.
What is the eligibility criteria to be an Active Kids provider?
To be eligible as a provider you must be:
- a sporting club/association affiliated with a recognised state sporting organisation located in NSW
- a for-profit or not-for-profit activity provider located in NSW
- an organisation providing participants with opportunities to participate in structured activities
- provide a program of activity for at least 8 weeks that meets the activity eligibility requirements – children engaging in moderate to vigorous level physical activity
- approved by, and registered with Active Kids prior to accepting vouchers for redemptions by recipients.
School Holiday Programs
For school holiday program eligibility, programs must provide a moderate to vigorous level of physical activity over a minimum of five sessions or a minimum of four hours of physical activity.
Parent supervision and responsibility
Once your child leaves the pool area, they are under the parent’s supervision not the coaches and it is the parent’s responsibility to supervise your child when they are leaving and or/or using changeroom facilities. Parents are not allowed in the bathrooms, so you need to make sure they are hurried up from outside the doors. Otherwise, go directly home and shower and change at home.
If an incident does occur, report it directly to the coaches (not your child’s teacher or the school) as this is a P&C activity. The situation can then be sorted straight away. If your child is in LAC, report it directly to the coaches and LAC.
Can we please ask parents to have a word with your child about unacceptable behaviour including bullying in the changeroom facilities. Swimmers are to get changed quickly and to leave the facilities as soon as possible. They should be no more than 5 minutes using the changeroom facilities.
Strict behaviour rules exist for the safety of all children. If any child is found to be misbehaving or using the showers and change rooms for extended times, then action will be taken by the swimming coaches and/or school in accordance with our Terms and Conditions and Code of Conduct.
What should my child bring to swimming?
For every swimmer it is compuslory for them to wear a swimming cap, swimmers and goggles. They should also bring a towel and water botter as well and warm clothing to change into. Shoes are also compulsory and must be worn when coming and leaving the pool area.
If you need to purcahase a swimming cap please see below to order one. Once orderded, it will be given to your child on his next swim session.
Depending on their squad level, they may also be required to have flippers and hand paddles. These can also be purchased at any swimming store i.e Rebel, Aqua shop in Gordon on online. Our coaches recommend these style of flippers: https://www.swimoutlet.com/products/sporti-essential-floating-swim-fins-8198844
They are also required to wear shoes when going to the toilet.
Change Rooms and Showers
Swimmers are able to use the change rooms and showers before and after their swimmings lessons. They need to change and shower quickly and if they are swimming in the mornings, then they need to return back to the pool as soon as possible until they are allowed to leave at 8.30 am when a teacher comes on grounds duty.
Once your child leaves the pool area, they are under the parent’s supervision not the coaches and it is the parent’s responsibility to supervise your child when they are leaving and or/or using changeroom facilities. Parents are not allowed in the bathrooms, so you need to make sure they are hurried up from outside the doors. Otherwisew, go directly home and shower and change at home.
Strict behaviour rules exist for the safety of all children. If any childs if found to be misbehaving or using the showers and change rooms for extended times, then action will be taken by the swimming coaches and/or school in accordance with our Terms and Conditions and Code of Conduct HERE.
What is a Season?
The LPS swimming program runs from mid-August to the end of May. We call this a “Season” and covers 31 weeks.
All enrolments are considered to be ongoing from term to term unless we receive a written cancellation notice from you. Enrolments will automatically roll over at the end of each term.
When a student progressess to a new level you will be notified and this new level will be considered to be an ongiong enrolment unless we receive written cancellation as noted above.
Can my child walk home by themselves?
Only swimmers in years 5 and 6 are allowed to walk to their swimming lessons and home from their swimming lessons BUT they must provide a signed copy of the Permission Note to the swimming administrator.
All other years are not permitted to walk to and home by themselves. A parent/carer, designated adult or LAC staff member must personally drop the child at the pool gate. Children are not to be dropped off in the street and left to walk alone to the pool.
May I book for Term 4 and Term 1 only?
It may be possible to begin swimming in Term 4 but only if there are spaces remaining in the squads. As each season passes, more and more children are beginning in August leaving fewer spaces for Term 4 starters.
If squads are full by Term 4, swimmers names go onto a waitlist and will be given first option to join when spaces become available. This is often not until Term 1.
Is the pool heated?
Yes. The pool is heated throughout the season. During the cooler weeks, we increase the temperature a couple of degrees to ensure it is comfortable for the swimmers. On colder days, the coaches adjust the program to ensure the swimmers keep moving.
What is Breakfast Club?
Breakfast club is available for our morning swimmings Monday to Friday. Breakfast consitis of toast with a variety of spreads and milk and milo. Breakfast passes are $70 for 20 breakfasts and can be purchased via this link below.
Does the program run on Public Holidays/Pupil Free Days?
Public Holidays: No, there are no squads or learn to swim classes held
Pupil Free Days: Yes, squads and lessons are held as usual.
How often do we assess students?
Our Coaches constantly keep an eye out for those swimmers ready to be promoted to the next level. Every swimmer will be formally assessed every term, which includes feedback provided to parents. Our students need to commit themselves to consistently attending lessons to allow our coaches the opportunity to continually encourage and develop their skills in the water.
We run Holiday Programs during October, January and April school breaks for squads and learn to swim. The program is in addition to normal squads and learn to swim lessons. Additional fees apply.
Please click HERE for our holiday program information.
Remember to book in early as places fill quickly.
Do we cancel swimming when it is raining/windy/stormy/threatening/cold/forecast to be anything but perfect?
Squad training and Learn to Swim lessons continue in ALL weather conditions.
There are two exceptions – we close the pool for lightning and hail. The coaches monitor this closely and will ensure all the children are out of the pool and are safe. The children will remain in the pool area until the end of their session time and are collected. No one re-enters the pool until 30 minutes after the last lightning.
You will be advised by SMS message whether lessons are cancelled due to bad weather.
We do not offer makeup lessons/lesson credits due to the incidence of bad weather.
My swimmer cannot attend their lesson or squad today. What should I do?
If your child is unable to attend their booked sessions for any reason, we appreciate notification.
Please log into your Customer Portal and notify the absence. You have up until 5 miniutes before the lesson time to advise of the absence through the portal. After this time, please email the swimming administrator to advise.
Please follow these instructions on How to notify of an absence in the Customer Portal.
Unexplained absences of two consecutive weeks or longer will be queried via email. No response within seven (7) days will
result in your enrolment being withdrawn. Any unused fees paid will not be credited or refunded.
Please refer to the FAQ below for further information on makeup and/or credits for missed lessons.
Payment of Fees
Enrolment Fees – our only method of payment is by Credit/debit card via your customer portal.
Please provide any Active Kids Vouchers so that they can be redeemed and applied towards your account prior to you making payment.
Please log in to the customer portal via the link below and click on View Account and then Make Payment: https://b1101295.family-portal.com.au/
LPS swimming fees are inoviced at the beginning of each term and payment is expected within 3 weeks of enrolment.
Are makeups, credits and refunds allowed?
Make Up Lesson, Credits and Refund Policy
Do we allow makeup sessions?
- If your child misses a squad session or learn to swim lesson during term swimming, no makeups sessions/lessons are available. Due to the popularity of our Program, we do not have the capacity to provide make up sessions/lessons.
- During our holiday programs, if your child misses a lesson, and if advised beforehand, then your child may be able to make up the missed lesson during the holiday program if there is room available.
- During term swimming and holiday programs, we do not offer credits for missed lessons/illness/sick or if your child is isolating due to Covid. Our fees are set so that we remain very reasonable compared to other swimming schools.
- We also do not offer makeup sessions/lessons or credits due to other sport commitments, the incidence of bad weather or pool closures (unless it is an extended closure due to maintenance issues).
Can I get a refund on fees paid?
- Requests for refunds will only be considered when a participant has sustained major injury or illness requiring withdrawal from the program. Requests should be made to the swimming administrator via email and must be accompanied by supporting medical documents. Requests must be submitted within two weeks from the date of injury/illness.
- Please include bank account details to enable a refund by direct deposit. The refund process takes approximately 15 business days
- No credits or refunds are permitted if you decide to withdraw your child from the Program.
- Please see below for details on when we do credit and refund.
When are credits or refunds allowed?
- Requests for credit/refund will only be considered for students who have sustained injury or illness which has prevented them from swimming for a minimum of two consecutive weeks.
- If your child leaves LPS then you may apply to the Administrator for consideration of a refund or part thereof.
- If your child is withdrawn within two weeks of starting the Program then an application may be made to the Administrator for consideration of a refund.
- Please see below for instructions on how to apply for a credit or refund.
How to apply for a credit or refund
- An application must be made via email to the Administrator stating the reasons for the credit/refund together with supporting documentation e.g. medical certificate.
- Once a credit/refund has been approved an email outlining the amount to be credited or refunded will be sent by the Administrator.
- All decisions on applications for credits/refunds will be made at the discretion of the Administrator and/or Sports Committee.
- A refund will be made to your customer portal or to a nominated credit card or bank transfer.
My child attends LAC. Can they still swim in the program?
Yes. LAC will bring your child to and from the pool. While LAC are updated regularly with lists of the children who attend squads and lessons, it is the parent’s responsibility to advise LAC and sign their permission form regarding pool attendance.
If your child is brought late to the pool or not at all, we cannot do makeup sessions as the majority of our classes are consistently full and lesson credits will not be applied.
It is not the responsibility of the coaches to provide supervision to your child if they are late or missed thier lesson. If this occurs, your child will remain in the pool stands until collected.
What is your Learn to Swim program?
We offer Learn to Swim lessons (LTS) after school on Mondays-Thursdays beginning at 3.15pm. Each lesson is 30 minutes long.
Each child must swim twice/week in the weekday program. You may select the days your child would like to swim. We will place them in a class with children who have a similar skill level. We cannot guarantee or promise a timeslot. We do our best to overlap with a sibling in squads but it is not always possible.
If your child would prefer to swim once/week then they may join our Saturday morning program. Lessons begin from 8.40am and like the weekday program, the children are placed in classes with children of a similar ability.
We do not allow the combination of a Saturday lesson plus one weekday lesson.
All children must be graded before they can be placed into a class.
Can my child join the LPS swimming program if they are not enrolled at Lindfield Public?
If your child is at high school and is a past student of LPS, then they may be able to attend our Ex-students sessions and Seahorses Friday night racing if they were previously at a Senior squad or competitive level. Please email the Swimming Administrator to enquire further.
If your child is at pre-school and will be attending LPS in the following year then they will be welcome to attend our January school holiday intensive programs. More details will be available during Kindy Orientation. We do not accept enrolment from any children younger than this.
Our holiday program is more flexible. The January holiday program permits Kindy starters to attend as well. The children must be graded before enrolling. Please email the Swimming Administrator to arrange.
I have a child in Kindergarten. Are they permitted to join the program?
If your child is at pre-school and will be attending Lindfield Public School in the following yeaer, they are welcome start in our January 2023 school holiday program.(subject to availability). It is a good lead-in to starting school and they will meet other children starting school. Or if you would like your child to begin lessons when they start Kindergarten next year, then please get in contact with us or fill out our online enquiry form.
If we have availability in term 3 or 4, we are sometimes able to offer a place on our Saturday lessons for children starting kindy next year.
We do not accept enrolment from any children younger than this.
All children must be assessed by our Coaches and graded before enrolling.
I have a child starting Kindergarten next year, when are they permitted to join?
We welcome children who will be starting Kind
If your child is at pre-school and will be attending Lindfield Public in the following year then they will be welcome to attend our holiday program in January prior to starting in kindy. More details will be available during Kindy Orientation. We do not accept enrolment from any children younger than this. Children must attend a grading session with our coach. Please email the Swimming Administrator for further details – email@example.com
I am on a waitlist, what does that mean?
Occasionally some of our squads sessions/learn to swim classes are fully subscribed. When this occurs, your child will be placed on a ‘waitlist’. The waitlist is actively managed by the coaches and administrator who work towards placing all children into classes as quickly as possible. We understand that you may be disappointed or frustrated by the delay.
What you can do to speed up your entry to the program:
- start at the beginning of the Season (Term 3)
- be flexible in the days/sessions you can attend
- if you are enrolling more than one child, then one may have to start before the other or they may have to have lessons at different times/days to begin with
- attend the holiday programs
Waitlists can also apply to particular squad sessions eg Friday morning. If you are waitlisted for a squad session then you will be offered a place only when another child vacates their spot. Sometimes this may take a whole Term.
Lesson Cancellations / Closures
We reserve the right to cancel or close classes with low enrolments. If this occurs, staff will work with families to provide
suitable alternatives where possible.
At times, the pool may be closed at short notice due to facility structural, mechanical, or sanitary reasons, or due to the Covid19 requirements of LPS. If this occurs, credits will be applied to the family account. Credits issued in these circumstances will be valid for a period of six months.
For incidental closures of less than a half a day, make-up lessons or credits will be offered at the discretion of Management.