For all NEW enquiries, please use the below ONLINE ENQUIRY FORM to make any swimming enquiries and to register your interest in our swimming program.
Use the PARENT PORTAL LOGIN to manage your child’s booking, notifiy of absence, make payments, updated contact details etc
Parent Portal Instuctions and helpful files
See the below instructions for accessing the Parent Portal:
How to register for our Customer Portal
LINDFIELD PUBLIC SCHOOL P & C SWIMMING PROGRAMS
The Sport & Swimming Committee is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the school’s swimming pool and the organisation of Learn-to-Swim and Squads Programs.
Please note that our swimming program is ONLY for Lindfield Public School students and ex-students. We are unable to accommodate swimmers from other schools or clubs.
The not-for-profit LPS swimming program provides opportunities for swimming teaching and training to all children in the School community, ranging from those learning to swim to our elite swimmers.
The program aims to ensure:
1. All children in our school community have necessary skills to be safe near and in water
2. All children have an opportunity to progress their swimming skills and confidence
3. Competitive swimmers have an opportunity to perform at their best at school and inter-school competition
4. Elite Swimmers have an opportunity to perform at their best at school and inter-school competition and have the knowledge, skill and stamina to progress along the SNSW elite swimmer pathway.
1. Pool size
2. Seasons (pool availability)
3. Economically sustainable
4. Limited to the school community (students, siblings and ex students)
Wherever applicable, the programs goals and outcomes are aligned with Government guidelines and regulations, the swimmer pathways of Swimming Australia and Swimming NSW, and the recommendations of ACSTA and Lifesaving Australia relating to safety and swimmer welfare.
2.3 General outline
The program is a not-for-profit initiative of LPS P&C.
The program will provide a range of swimming lessons and training opportunities. The ‘Levels’ are:
1. Learn to Swim (LTS)
7. Elite (NEW)
The program will provide professional coaching and maintain the pool to ensure availability of pool time appropriate for each Level. Some offsite services may be needed from time to time.
The training and teaching for each Level will vary in terms of:
1. Sessions in the pool each week
a. LTS – 1-2
b. Mini – minimum 3
c. Junior – minimum 3
d. Intermediate – minimum 3
e. Senior – minimum 4
f. Competition – minimum 4
g. Elite level – minimum 4
h. Ex-students – minimum 2
Adult squads will also be offered when they do not affect the outcomes of the LTS to Elite programs.
2. Duration of the season:
a. LTS – 1: Summer including holiday swimming
b. Mini – Summer including holiday swimming + shoulder
c. Junior – Summer including holiday swimming + shoulder
d. Intermediate – Summer including holiday swimming + shoulder
e. Senior – Summer including holiday swimming + shoulder, Winter off site optional
f. Competition – Summer including holiday swimming + shoulder, Winter off site
g. Elite level – Summer + shoulder, Winter off site
2.4 Opportunities for competition:
a. The program operates Seahorses Swimming Club. Seahorses provides the main opportunities for competition for most swimmers
b. As SNSW competitions and the SNSW swimmer pathways are available to all SNSW registered Seahorses swimmers, based on merit (times achieved in the pool and success in competition), the club ensures availability of the SNSW swimming pathway to elite and competitive swimmers
The content of each session and overall program for each level is led by the coaches, with the goal of achieving the performance outcomes listed in 3. below.
2.5 Cost and fundraising
Naturally, some of these program activities will be more costly than others – swimmers who are early and more matured along their swimming pathway will require more support and resources.
For this reason, budget decisions will be made on a ‘community’ basis, where the program will as a whole will be operated on a sustainable basis, even though elements of it may be operated at a loss.
This is justified, as all swimmers in the community have the opportunity to progress from the earliest to most advanced level, subject to their effort and talent. If the program did not offer the complete range of services and a pathway from LTS to elite, community members may elect to train elsewhere.
The various programs will be funded by fees charged to swimmers, fundraising and sponsorship. The intent is for fees to cover the majority of costs so that the program is not reliant on successful fundraising.
The exception to the community funding model is Adult squads and off site winter training. For this element the greater of actual costs or a fair market rate shall be borne by the participating swimmers.
When undertaken, fundraising events will have multiple aims, varied from time to time as the committee sees fit:
1. community awareness (K-2 fun nights etc)
2. promotion of membership (K-2 fun nights etc)
3. enjoyment of swimming (K-2 fun nights, Aquathlon, Lindfield Laps)
4. targeted events to fund infrastructure improvements.
The main day to day tasks for the program and therefore expenditure will be:
1. Pool maintenance
2. Teaching and administration
For these purposes, the program has engaged the services of professional coaches (Larissa and Oleg) and an administrator (Alison Gladen) who will oversee the program and operate the pool on a day to day basis, to achieve the objectives of the program.
The budget for maintenance, teaching and administration is set by the Committee.
3. END STATE
The measure of performance of the program shall be:
a) As far as practicable, all children in the school community have the opportunity to learn to swim in our program
all K-2 swimmers can compete safely and confidently in an event at the school carnival
b) All 3-6 swimmers can compete skilfully in an event at the school carnival
c) LPS school team to win at zone
d) Most LPS relay teams win at zone and Area.
e) Most LPS relay teams to make finals at State
f) 10-20 swimmers qualifying for State Age Championships (including in relays)
g) A number of swimmers competing at PSSA State championships
h) Our elite swimmers to be finalists at State Age and PSSA state championships
i) Senior Elite Swimmers (12 year old and over) qualify for Australian State Age Championships and our 11/U elite swimmers are on a path to achieve that goal
j) No 12/U swimmer will need to leave the program to fulfil their swimming potential.
a) The program has a conservative contingency for foreseeable events in any year
b) In any year, the program operates on a not for profit basis, providing the abovementioned opportunities to the ‘community’ of swimmers
2022-23 SWIMMING SEASON INFORMATION
- 2023 TERM DATES
- Term 1
Tuesday, 31 January – Thursday, 6 April 2023
- Term 2
Wednesday, 26 April – Saturday, 3 June 2023
- Term 3
Monday, 14 August – Saturday, 23 September 2023
- Term 4
Monday, 9 October – Saturday, 9 December 2023
LEARN TO SWIM and SQUAD INFORMATION
For all swimming program information including class times/schedule, fees and more please click on the relevant button below.
School Holiday Swim Program
SEAHORSES CLUB RACE NIGHTS & SWIMMING EVENTS
Seahorses Friday Night race night is great practice and fun for the kids. All information on how to register and prices please click below. You can swim every Friday (in term 1 and 4 ) or swim casually. Everyone is welcome!
Please use the Online Enquiry Form to arrange a booking for grading and keep an eye on the Lindfield Lines newsletter for grading days available.
Once I receive your enquiry, I will email you to let you know when the grading days will be and your booking confirmation.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
PLEASE READ THE BELOW VERY CAREFULLY AND ENSURE YOU UNDERSTAND OUR COVID SAFE PROTOCOLS
As at January 2023
Parents can be assured the swimming program is a safe activity for your children. Our COVID safe plan has been updated to reflect the NSW Health and Department of Education protocols and the new easing of restrictions regarding outdoor pool use as follows:
- New swimmers enrolling into the program must complete a Swimming Consent form and provide a signed copy to the Swimming Administrator as soon as your child is enrolled. If not returned, your child will not be permitted to swim on the school site.
- If any swimmer, coach, staff or volunteer has any symptoms of cold or flu or feeling unwell, please stay at home. Report any confirmed student or coach cases of COVID to the Swimming Administrator and the School Principal and isolate according to the NSW Health guidelines. Volunteers need only advise the Swimming Administrator and follow the same NSW Health guidelines for isolation.
- Close contacts of any person who has tested positive for Covid can still attend swimming as long as RAT tests are performed daily for 7 days and provided the tests are negative and they show no signs of cold or flu like symptoms.
- No Swimming is allowed if you are waiting for results from a COVID/PCR test and until the result received is negative.
- Come ready to swim i.e. have swimmers on, cap, goggles and equipment ready.
- Get in, train and get out.
- Drop off and collection points are at the Swim Gate.
- It is expected that swimmers arrive no earlier than 15 minutes prior to their scheduled swim session and only remain for less than 15 minutes after their swim sessions. This is for safety reasons as no supervision is provided outside of lesson times.
- Ensure all swimmers, coaches, staff and volunteers wash or sanitise their hands before and after each session.
- Hand sanitiser will be available at the pool and it will be compulsory for children and volunteers to use prior to entering the pool area.
- Any shared equipment will be sanitised on a regular basis. Any fixed swimming equipment i.e. ladders will be wiped down.
- Swimmers should have their own water bottle and snacks.
- Change rooms and showers will be available but should only be used to quickly shower and change and return to the pool area. They are not play areas. Swimmers training before 7.45 am should return home to shower and change. Swimmers training in the mornings from the 7.45 am are able to use the showers prior to school starting.
- Morning Supervisor volunteers will be permitted to supervise children up to 8.30 am when the school grounds have a teacher present to supervise.
- All volunteers must check into the School Check-in QR code located at the pool.
- All volunteers will be wearing hi-vis vests to make them easily identifiable to the parents and swimmers and will use sanitiser upon arrival and sign-in.
- All volunteers will be required to have a current Working with Children Check with details to be provided to the Swimming Administrator. No WWCC, no volunteering. Volunteers do not need to be vaccinated.
- Spectators/parents are allowed on the school grounds in the afternoons and Saturday mornings only and may watch their child swim for the duration of their child’s lesson and no longer. Spectators/parents must remain outside the pool area and if siblings are present, then parents are solely responsible for supervising their own children.
Thank you for your cooperation.
NEW TO SWIMMING?
All new children must attend a grading session with our coach and be assigned a squad or lesson level. Your child should wear swimmers, cap and goggles. They will enter the pool regardless of ability. I will advise of dates for grading once we have a start date. Please use the Online Enquiry Form to make a booking.
Terms & Conditions & Code of Conduct
To view the Terms & Conditions and Code of Conduct, please click HERE.
Please click HERE to review the Swimmer Expecation required of all swimmers.
Active Kids Voucher / First Lap Vouchers
We are a registered provider for the Active Kids/First Laps rebate scheme and accept valid vouchers to the value of $100. Vouchers can be applied to Squad, Learn to Swim and holiday programs.
The Active Kids/First Laps program provides two $100 vouchers for parents, guardians and carers of school-enrolled children to use towards sport and active recreation costs each year.
Further information can be found Service NSW website: https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/transaction/apply-active-kids-voucher
How to claim your rebate:
- Apply for your Active Kids Voucher at the Service NSW website. You will need to have a Service NSW account, and your medicare card to apply by following this link: https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/transaction/apply-active-kids-voucher
- Email the Swimming Administrator a copy of your voucher and make sure you supply your child’s correct date of birth.
- Once the voucher is redeemed by us, the $100 will be credited to your Customer Portal.
Conditions for using your Active Kids Vouchers
Can the vouchers be used for the same activity?
Both vouchers can’t be used for the same provider within the same term, unless:
- they are used for two separate activities, or
- they are used for the same activity but in separate terms.
What is the eligibility criteria to be an Active Kids provider?
To be eligible as a provider you must be:
- a sporting club/association affiliated with a recognised state sporting organisation located in NSW
- a for-profit or not-for-profit activity provider located in NSW
- an organisation providing participants with opportunities to participate in structured activities
- provide a program of activity for at least 8 weeks that meets the activity eligibility requirements – children engaging in moderate to vigorous level physical activity
- approved by, and registered with Active Kids prior to accepting vouchers for redemptions by recipients.
School Holiday Programs
For school holiday program eligibility, programs must provide a moderate to vigorous level of physical activity over a minimum of five sessions or a minimum of four hours of physical activity.
What should my child bring to swimming?
For every swimmer it is compuslory for them to wear a swimming cap, swimmers and goggles. They should also bring a towel and water botter as well and warm clothing to change into.
If you need to purcahase a swimming cap please see below to order one. Once orderded, it will be given to your child on his next swim session.
Depending on their squad level, they may also be required to have flippers and hand paddles. These can also be purchased at any swimming store i.e Rebel, Aqua shop in Gordon on online. Our coaches recommend these style of flippers: https://www.swimoutlet.com/products/sporti-essential-floating-swim-fins-8198844
They are also required to wear shoes when going to the toilet.
Change Rooms and Showers
Swimmers are able to use the change rooms and showers before and after their swimmings lessons. They need to change and shower quickly and if they are swimming in the mornings, then they need to return back to the pool as soon as possible until they are allowed to leave at 8.30 am when a teacher comes on grounds duty.
Strict behaviour rules exist for the safety of all children. No parents or adults are allowed in the change rooms/showers. If any childs if found to be misbehaving or using the showers and change rooms for extended times, then action will be taken by the swimming coaches and/or school. See also our Terms and Conditions and Code of Conduct HERE.
What is a Season?
The LPS swimming program runs from mid-August to the end of May. We call this a “Season” and covers 31 weeks.
Can my child walk home by themselves?
No! Your child is not allowed to walk home by themselves. A parent must pick them up. Not child will be allowed to leave the pool and is to remain the pool grandstand until a parent has pick the child up.
May I book for Term 4 and Term 1 only?
It may be possible to begin swimming in Term 4 but only if there are spaces remaining in the squads. As each season passes, more and more children are beginning in August leaving fewer spaces for Term 4 starters.
If squads are full by Term 4, swimmers names go onto a waitlist and will be given first option to join when spaces become available. This is often not until Term 1.
How much does it cost to swim in the program?
The swimming fees are shown on the Learn to Swim webpage and the Squad webpage.
Is the pool heated?
Yes. The pool is heated throughout the season. During the cooler weeks, we increase the temperature a couple of degrees to ensure it is comfortable for the swimmers. On colder days, the coaches adjust the program to ensure the swimmers keep moving.
What is Breakfast Club?
Breakfast club is available for our morning swimmings Monday to Friday. Breakfast consitis of toast with a variety of spreads and milk and milo. Breakfast passes are $70 for 20 breakfasts and can be purchased via this link below.
Does the program run on Public Holidays/Pupil Free Days?
Public Holidays: No, there are no squads or learn to swim classes held
Pupil Free Days: Yes, squads and lessons are held as usual.
We run Holiday Programs during October, January and April school breaks for squads and learn to swim. The program is in addition to normal squads and learn to swim lessons. Additional fees apply. Please check back towards the end of each school term for details such as dates and pricing. Remember to book in early as places fill quickly.
Do we cancel swimming when it is raining/windy/stormy/threatening/cold/forecast to be anything but perfect?
Squad training and Learn to Swim lessons continue in ALL weather conditions.
There are two exceptions – we close the pool for lightning and hail. The coaches monitor this closely and will ensure all the children are out of the pool and are safe. The children will remain in the pool area until the end of their session time and are collected. No one re-enters the pool until 30 minutes after the last lightning.
You will be advised by SMS message whether lessons are cancelled due to bad weather.
We do not offer makeup lessons/lesson credits due to the incidence of bad weather.
My swimmer cannot attend their lesson or squad today. What should I do?
If your child is unable to attend their booked sessions for any reason, we appreciate notification.
Please log into your Customer Portal and notify the absence. You have up until 5 miniutes before the lesson time to advise of the absence through the portal. After this time, please email the swimming administrator to advise.
Please follow these instructions on How to notify of an absence in the Customer Portal.
Please refer to the FAQ below for further information on makeup and/or credits for missed lessons.
Are makeups, credits and refunds allowed?
Do we allow makeup sessions?
If your child misses a squad session or learn to swim lesson during term swimming no makeups sessions/lessons are available. Due to the popularity of our Program we do not have capacity to provide make up sessions/lessons.
During our holiday programs, if your child misses a lesson and if advice beforehand is received, then your child may be able to make up the missed lesson during the holiday program if there is room available.
Duirng term swimming and holiday programs, we do not offer credits for missed lesssons/illness/sick or if your child is isolating due to Covid. Our fees are set so that we remain very reasonable compared to other swimming schools.
We also do not offer makeup sessions/lessons or credits due to the incidence of bad weather or pool closures (unless it is an extended closure due to maintenance issues).
Can I get a refund on fees paid if my child leaves the Program?
No credits or refunds are permitted if you decide to withdraw your child from the Program.
Please see below for details on when we do credit and refund.
When are credits or refunds allowed?
- If your child has an extended illness/injury for four or more weeks you may apply to the Administrator for consideration of a credit.
- If your child leaves LPS then you may apply to the Administrator for consideration of a refund or part thereof.
- If your child is withdrawn within two weeks of starting the Program then an application may be made to the Administrator for consideration of a refund.
Please see below for instructions on how to apply for a credit or refund.
How to apply for a credit or refund
- An application must be made via email to the Administrator stating the reasons for the credit/refund together with supporting documentation eg medical certificate.
- Once a credit/refund has been approved an email outlining the amount to be credited or refunded will be sent by the Administrator.
- All decisions on applications for credits/refunds will be made at the discretion of the Administrator and/or Sports Committee.
- A refund will be made to your customer portal or to a nominated credit card or bank transfer.
My child attends LAC. Can they still swim in the program?
Yes. LAC will bring your child to and from the pool. While LAC are updated regularly with lists of the children who attend squads and lessons, it is the parent’s responsibility to advise LAC and sign their permission form regarding pool attendance.
If your child is brought late to the pool or not at all, we cannot do makeup sessions as the majority of our classes are consistently full and lesson credits will not be applied.
It is not the responsibility of the coaches to provide supervision to your child if they are late or missed thier lesson. If this occurs, your child will remain in the pool stands until collected.
What is your Learn to Swim program?
We offer Learn to Swim lessons (LTS) after school on Mondays-Thursdays beginning at 3.15pm. Each lesson is 30 minutes long.
Each child must swim twice/week in the weekday program. You may select the days your child would like to swim. We will place them in a class with children who have a similar skill level. We cannot guarantee or promise a timeslot. We do our best to overlap with a sibling in squads but it is not always possible.
If your child would prefer to swim once/week then they may join our Saturday morning program. Lessons begin from 8.40am and like the weekday program, the children are placed in classes with children of a similar ability.
We do not allow the combination of a Saturday lesson plus one weekday lesson.
All children must be graded before they can be placed into a class.
Can my child join the LPS swimming program if they are not enrolled at Lindfield Public?
If your child is at high school and is a past student of LPS, then they may be able to attend our Ex-students sessions and Seahorses Friday night racing if they were previously at a Senior squad or competitive level. Please email the Swimming Administrator to enquire further.
If your child is at pre-school and will be attending LPS in the following year then they will be welcome to attend our January school holiday intensive programs. More details will be available during Kindy Orientation. We do not accept enrolment from any children younger than this.
Our holiday program is more flexible. The January holiday program permits Kindy starters to attend as well. The children must be graded before enrolling. Please email the Swimming Administrator to arrange.
I have a child in Kindergarten. Are they permitted to join the program?
Yes. While there is no Class Swimming for Kindy children, we welcome them to Learn to Swim lessons after school.
I have a child starting Kindergarten next year, when are they permitted to join?
We welcome children who will be starting Kind
If your child is at pre-school and will be attending Lindfield Public in the following year then they will be welcome to attend our holiday program in January prior to starting in kindy. More details will be available during Kindy Orientation. We do not accept enrolment from any children younger than this. Children must attend a grading session with our coach. Please email the Swimming Administrator for further details – email@example.com
I am on a waitlist, what does that mean?
Occasionally some of our squads sessions/learn to swim classes are fully subscribed. When this occurs, your child will be placed on a ‘waitlist’. The waitlist is actively managed by the coaches and administrator who work towards placing all children into classes as quickly as possible. We understand that you may be disappointed or frustrated by the delay.
What you can do to speed up your entry to the program:
- start at the beginning of the Season (Term 3)
- be flexible in the days/sessions you can attend
- if you are enrolling more than one child, then one may have to start before the other or they may have to have lessons at different times/days to begin with
- attend the holiday programs
Waitlists can also apply to particular squad sessions eg Friday morning. If you are waitlisted for a squad session then you will be offered a place only when another child vacates their spot. Sometimes this may take a whole Term.
HOW TO PAY FOR SWIMMING FEES
Please log into your Parent Portal to pay your fees via credit card payment.
The fees will be billed per term. You will receive a statement of your fees and which you can also access through the Parent Portal.
HOW TO CLAIM YOUR ACTIVE KIDS VOUCHERS or FIRST LAPS VOUCHERS
To apply your Active Kids Voucher or First Lap Voucher to your swimming fees, please email the swimming administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your voucher. Once redeemed, the $100 will be applied against your customer portal.
2023 – LINDFIELD LAPS FUNDRAISER
WHAT IS LINDFIELD LAPS?
A team of swimmers complete as many laps of the pool as they can in 40 minutes. There is no minimum or maximum number of laps that each team member may swim.
The team with the highest number of laps gets honoured on the Lindfield Laps plaque displayed at the pool. The current record is is 165 laps held by Christine, Michael, Emi and Remy from 2022.
WHO CAN BE IN MY TEAM?
Anybody! A team has a maximum of 5 members. They may be 5 friends, a family or a couple of families, siblings etc. All ages are welcome*.
Had a team previous years? Then come along this year and challenge your laps swum!
*Children under 5 yrs must be accompanied by a competent swimmer (may use a noodle).
WHEN IS IT?
DATE TO BE ADVISED.
The first teams will dive in at 2 pm. We allow a 5 minute changeover between sets of teams. Time slots continue throughout the afternoon.
HOW MUCH IS IT TO ENTER MY TEAM?
$50 per team. All funds raised are used to maintain and purchase equipment for the pool.
WHAT ABOUT A FEED TO KEEP YOU ENERGISED?
We know you’ll be hungry after all that swimming so will have a BBQ bacon/egg and sausage sandwiches. Drinks and snacks will also be available.
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
Register your team and select your time slot through sign-up genius. Give your team a name in the comments section and list all swimmers and add the name of your lap counter:
Payments can be made below by clicking the button.
Breakfast Club will return for term 1 2023 from Monday, 6 February 2023. If you are able to volunteer to help with Breakfast Club one morning per week, the Committee would be most grateful. You need to be on pool deck between 7.45 am and 8.45 am. The main purpose of an adult superevisor at breakfast club is for the supervision of the children until the 8.30 am bell and then to tidy up. It is an easy job as the children are very pleasant and helpful.
Please sign up to be a morning breakfast club supervisor HERE:
To purchase your child’s breakfast pass for the term, please click below.
SWIMMING GEAR & ACCESSORIES
Larissa & Oleg Bytchenkov