Squad & Learn to Swim & Grading Dates
Monday, 17 August 2020 – Saturday, 26 September 2020
Monday, 12 October – Saturday, 12 December 2020
- Thursday, 13 August 2020 at 3.00 pm
- Friday, 14 August 2020 at 3.00 pm
- Friday, 21 August 2020 at 3.00 pm
- Friday, 28 August 2020 at 3.00 pm
- Friday, 16 October 2020 at 3.00 pm
- Friday, 23 October 2020 at 3.00 pm
Frequently Asked Questions
- We are currently unable to run our Adults and Ex-students squads due the limiting of parents and other children on the school grounds. We will keep you informed when this changes.
- Pre-senior squad has been split up on some days for children 10 and under on Monday and Wednesday mornings and 10 and over on Monday and Wednesday afternoons Please check the timetable to ensure you are aware which day your child’s squad will run in accordance with their age. Tuesday, Thursday and Friday will be mixed ages for Pre-senior.
- The Senior Competitive Squad has an additional hour of dryland included before swimming so please ensure appropriate dyrland clothing and sports shoes are also included in your childs swimming bag.
- Junior Development Squad has changed to Junior Competitive Squad.
- The addition of an extra Skills Training squad on Fridays during Term 3 only. This squad is aimed for Intermediate Level and over and must attend Friday nights. It aims to improve competitive skills, techniques including starts and turns.
- Senior Squad 10/O – have an option to swim in the afternoons on Monday and Wednesday 6.30 – 7.30 pm.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to provide a Breakfast Club so please ensure that your child brings their own snacks and water bottle.
- Hand sanitiser will be available at the pool and it will be compulsory for children to use this prior to entering the pool area.
- No parents are allowed in the pool area.
- Drop off and collection points are at the Swim Gate (no loitering please)
- Please do not attend training if your child is sick or is experiencing flu-like symptoms.
Active Kids Rebate
We are a registered provider for the Active Kids rebate scheme and accept valid vouchers to the value of $100. Vouchers can be applied to Squad and Learn to Swim Season/Half Season/Term fees only. Vouchers cannot be applied to holidays fees, Seahorses club fees, swimming caps or breakfast club cards.
The Active Kids program provides two $100 vouchers for parents, guardians and carers of school-enrolled children to use towards sport and active recreation costs each year.
From 1 July 2019, parents, guardians and carers can apply for the second $100 Active Kids voucher. Voucher 1 is valid January to December and Voucher 2 is valid July to December.
Further information can be found Service NSW website: https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/active-kids-faqs-parents-guardians-and-carers
How to claim your rebate:
- Apply for your Active Kids Voucher at the Service NSW (SNSW) website. You will need to have a SNSW account, and your medicare card to apply by following this link: https://www.service.
- Take a note of your Active Kids Vouhcer number exactly as it appears on your Voucher.
- Once you have paid your swimming enrolment fees online in full and have received an Order Number, you can following the link below under the heading “Claim your Active Kids Vouhcer Here”. There is a form to be filled out but you must have your Order Number and Voucher Number.
Please note: this is a manual process so we ask for your patience as we are processing large numbers of vouchers.
What is a Season?
The LPS swimming program runs from mid-August to the end of May. We call this a “Season” and covers 31 weeks. If you pay for the Season up front, your child is guaranteed a place for that Season and will receive first option to rejoin in the following season.
We do not offer Season pricing for Saturday morning only squads or Learn to Swim.
What is a Half Season?
A full Season is mid-August to end of May. A half Season is mid-August to end of term 4 (15 weeks) OR beginning of term 1 to end of May (16 weeks). It is a way to break up the cost of swimming fees. All the swimmers who have booked in for the first half season will receive first option to rejoin for the second half season.
What are the Season, 1/2 Season, Term dates?
The dates for each Season are shown on this Swimming page. Please scroll down to view.
May I book for Term 4 and Term 1 only?
It may be possible to begin swimming in Term 4 but only if there are spaces remaining in the squads. As each season passes, more and more children are beginning in August leaving fewer spaces for Term 4 starters.
If squads are full by Term 4, swimmers names go onto a waitlist and will be given first option to join when spaces become available. This is often not until Term 1.
How much does it cost to swim in the program?
The prices are shown on this Swimming page. Please scroll down to view.
Is the pool heated?
Yes. The pool is heated throughout the season. During the cooler weeks, we increase the temperature a couple of degrees to ensure it is comfortable for the swimmers. On colder days, the coaches adjust the program to ensure the swimmers keep moving.
What is Breakfast Club?
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide a Breakfast Club at this time due to COVID19 restrictions, so please ensure that your child brings their own snacks and water bottle.
Does the program run on Public Holidays/Pupil Free Days?
Public Holidays: No, there are no squads or learn to swim classes held
Pupil Free Days: Yes, squads and lessons are held as usual.
We run Holiday Programs during October, January and April school breaks for squads and learn to swim. The program is in addition to normal squads and learn to swim lessons. Additional fees apply. Please check back towards the end of each school term for details such as dates and pricing. Remember to book in early as places fill quickly.
Do we cancel swimming when it is raining/windy/stormy/threatening/cold/forecast to be anything but perfect?
Squad training and Learn to Swim lessons continue in ALL weather conditions.
There are two exceptions – we close the pool for lightning and hail. The coaches monitor this closely and will ensure all the children are out of the pool and are safe. The children will remain in the pool area until the end of their session time and are collected. No one re-enters the pool until 30 minutes after the last lightning.
It is not possible to advise parents if their child’s squad is on or off in these circumstances. We do not have the ability to mass email from the pool deck.
We do not offer makeup lessons due to the incidence of bad weather.
My swimmer cannot attend their lesson or squad today. What should I do?
If your child is unable to attend their booked sessions for any reason, we appreciate notification. Please email the Swimming Administrator to advise or in person to the coaches.
Are makeups, credits and refunds allowed?
Do we allow makeup sessions?
If your child misses a squad session or learn to swim lesson no makeups sessions/lessons are available. Due to the popularity of our Program we do not have capacity to provide make up sessions/lessons.
We also do not offer makeup sessions/lessons or credits due to the incidence of bad weather.
Can I get a refund on fees paid if my child leaves the Program?
No credits or refunds are permitted if you decide to withdraw your child from the Program.
Please see below for details on when we do credit and refund.
When are credits or refunds allowed?
- If your child has an extended illness/injury for four or more weeks you may apply to the Administrator for consideration of a credit.
- If your child leaves LPS then you may apply to the Administrator for consideration of a refund or part thereof.
- If your child is withdrawn within two weeks of starting the Program then an application may be made to the Administrator for consideration of a refund.
Please see below for instructions on how to apply for a credit or refund.
How to apply for a credit or refund
- An application must be made via email to the Administrator stating the reasons for the credit/refund together with supporting documentation eg medical certificate.
- Once a credit/refund has been approved an email outlining the amount to be credited or refunded will be sent by the Administrator.
- All decisions on applications for credits/refunds will be made at the discretion of the Administrator and/or Sports Committee.
- A refund will be made to the nominated credit card that the original payment was made with.
My child attends LAC. Can they still swim in the program?
Yes. LAC will bring your child to and from the pool. While LAC does have lists of the children who attend squads and lessons, it is the parent’s responsibility to advise LAC and sign their permission form regarding pool attendance.
If your child is brought late to the pool or not at all, we cannot do makeup sessions as the majority of our classes are consistently full.
What is your Learn to Swim program?
We offer Learn to Swim lessons (LTS) after school on Mondays-Thursdays beginning at 3.15pm. Each lesson is 30 minutes long.
Each child must swim twice/week in the weekday program. You may select the days your child would like to swim. We will place them in a class with children who have a similar skill level. We cannot guarantee or promise a timeslot. We do our best to overlap with a sibling in squads but it is not always possible.
If your child would prefer to swim once/week then they may join our Saturday morning program. Lessons begin from 8.40am and like the weekday program, the children are placed in classes with children of a similar ability.
We do not allow the combination of a Saturday lesson plus one weekday lesson.
All children must be graded before they can be placed into a class.
Can my child join the LPS swimming program if they are not enrolled at Lindfield Public?
If your child is at high school then they may be able to attend our Seahorses squad in the evenings. Please email the Swimming Administrator to enquire further.
If your child is at pre-school and will be attending LPS in the following year then they will be welcome to attend Saturday morning Learn to Swim classes in Term 4. More details will be available during Kindy Orientation. We do not accept enrolment from any children younger than this.
If your child is attending another primary school then we cannot allow them to join our swimming program during weekdays. This is because we cannot cater for demand from within the school community.
Our holiday program is more flexible. We do allow school aged children from the local community to join us. The January holiday program permits Kindy starters to attend as well. The children must be graded before enrolling. Please email the Swimming Administrator to arrange.
I have a child in Kindergarten. Are they permitted to join the program?
Yes. While there is no Class Swimming for Kindy children, we welcome them to Learn to Swim lessons after school.
I have a child starting Kindergarten next year, when are they permitted to join?
We welcome children who will be starting Kind
If your child is at pre-school and will be attending Lindfield Public in the following year then they will be welcome to attend Saturday morning Learn to Swim classes in Term 4 and our holiday program in January. More details will be available during Kindy Orientation. We do not accept enrolment from any children younger than this. Children must attend a grading session with our coach. Please email the Swimming Administrator for further details – firstname.lastname@example.org
I am on a waitlist, what does that mean?
Occasionally some of our squads/sessions/learn to swim classes are fully subscribed. When this occurs your child will be placed on a ‘waitlist’. The waitlist is actively managed by the coaches and administrator who work towards placing all children into classes as quickly as possible. We understand that you may be disappointed or frustrated by the delay.
What you can do to speed up your entry to the program:
- start at the beginning of the Season (Term 3)
- be flexible in the days/sessions you can attend
- if you are enrolling more than one child, then one may have to start before the other or they may have to have lessons at different times/days to begin with.
Waitlists can also apply to particular squad sessions eg Friday morning. If you are waitlisted for a squad session then you will be offered a place only when another child vacates their spot. Sometimes this may take a whole Term.