LPS canteen will be available online in Week 1 of Term 4!
How does online ordering work?
- You will need to set up a Flexischools account online by registering at flexischools.com.au to set up your login. Then you will need to add your child/children’s name, their school and their class to your account.
- You will need to pre-load your account with funds using any of the following payment methods. These funds are then used to pay for lunch orders.
- Direct deposit (normal banking timeframes 2-3 days)
- Credit card (Visa or MasterCard – immediate top-up, fees apply)
- PayPal (immediate top-up, fees apply)
3. Place an order by selecting the day the order is required and then selecting from the online menu options (same as our current paper bag menu).
You can view your orders online by logging back in to your Flexischools account. From there, you can also set recurring orders, view transaction history or cancel orders.
Will the same menu be available both online and for paper bag orders?
Yes, the menu is the same regardless of how you choose to order.
We have included all common special requests or variations in the online menu that are seen on paper bag orders, (e.g. no butter) and these options will capture most variations the canteen sees on a regular basis.
What is the cut-off time for orders?
- Online orders can be placed up until 8.30am on the day of the lunch order.
- Manual lunch orders can continue to be placed in the K-2 bucket or in the canteen door for years 3-6 until 9:00am.
With online ordering you will be able to place orders in advance (e.g. the afternoon or evening before) to make sure you don’t forget to place your order in the rush to get out the door to school in the morning.
What happens if I miss the cut off time?
- If your child hasn’t left for school, then you can use the current paper bag method.
- If they have already left for school, we have established a standard ‘late lunch order’ option on the website which is only available between 8:31am – 9.30am. A late lunch order consists of either a vegemite or jam sandwich on white bread and an apple – either whole or as a slinky. This lunch is available at a cost of $4.00. No further menu variations are possible for the late lunch order option as this is considered a last minute order which still ensures your child will receive lunch that day.
What does it cost to order online with Flexischools?
The menu prices are the same whether you order online or by our current paper bag system. If you order online, you will be required to pay the 10c fee for the paper bag the lunch comes in, as per the current system where no bag is provided.
In addition there are certain fees charged by FlexiSchools to parents to cover the cost of providing their system. These are:
- an online ordering fee of 29c per order (one order per child); and
- an account top up fee of 15c plus 1% of the transaction amount if you top up your account using either credit card (Visa or Mastercard) or PayPal.
Please note: account top ups by direct deposit do not incur transaction costs, but funds are not immediately available.
My child has the same lunch order every Friday or orders lunch every day, can I create a standing or repeat order?
Yes, you can create orders in advance, not just for the next day!. Should an advance order no longer be required, it can be cancelled up to 8.00am on the day of the order. Orders not cancelled in time will however be charged to your account.
What happens if I have a repeat weekly order and my child is sick on that day?
Orders can be cancelled up to 8.00am on the day of the lunch order, should it no longer be required. Orders not cancelled in time will however be charged to your account.
How do I get help using FlexiSchools?
FlexiSchools provide a dedicated customer support line on 1300 361 769 that you can call at any time for assistance. This should be your first port of call should you have any difficulties. They can assist with any account or payment related enquires including cancellations and refunds.
Can my child still gain experience of using cash at the canteen?
Yes. Over the counter cash sales can still be made during recess and lunchtime for children in years 3-6 only.
Why is Flexischools being introduced?
In term 1 this year we had a request from parents to introduce online ordering for lunch orders. The P&C recognises that while the current paper bag ordering system works well for some families, for others the convenience of an online ordering system would make things a lot easier and simpler. For this reason, we decided that it was important to offer both ordering options to our families.
What consultation was undertaken before making this decision?
The suggestion that the canteen implement an on-line ordering system was made at the P&C meeting in term 1. Investigation of potential options was undertaken with representatives from the canteen, the school and the P&C IT and finance committee’s.
The recommendation to proceed with FlexiSchools was made at the P&C Term 2 meeting and the recommendation was accepted.
Why was FlexiSchools chosen?
Several online ordering systems were researched before a decision was made. FlexiSchools, being the largest with 800 schools using the system Australia wide, 600,000+ active users and over 18+ million orders processed was chosen as the best fit for the canteen and the school community.
While FlexiSchools (like some other systems) charges the P&C a % of LPS canteen online revenue in addition to the other costs to parents, its size and proven track record in addition to the dedicated customer support line (1300 361 769) for parents were key factors in determining it was the best system for the canteen.
What if I don’t have access to the internet or don’t want to use FlexiSchools?
Online ordering is optional. You can still place lunch orders using the same paper bag process as you do now if that is your preference.
What are the plans for the future?
There are currently no plans to move to online ordering only. Manual lunch orders will continue to be an available option.
While FlexiSchools offers online payment facilities for:
- Uniform Shop ordering
- Fundraisers (Mufti days, Fair days, )
- Band events and payments
- P&C donations
there are currently no plans to extend the FlexiSchools system to other P&C activities.